Monday, January 30, 2012

Ch-ch-changes

Guess what? I've lost 14 lbs since November! Woohoo!

 May 2009 Wedding weight
(so hard to find a wedding picture where the bouquet is not covering my midsection lol)

I lost a lot of weight in Spring '09 before my wedding. I actually had to stop working out so my wedding dress wouldn't have to be taken in. That summer I lived at school to do my thesis research (my husband was in Iraq) and I lost even more weight because I was feeding myself with just a microwave to cook with (and not getting paid that much!).
October 2009-Right before hubby arrived home

Then my husband came home (yay!) not only did we eat out all the time but when we did eat at home, my husband would make up my plate and give me as much food as he gave himself. And then we rolled right into the holiday season and before I knew it I'd gained 25 lbs. After that I slowed way down but still gained about 10 lbs over the next year.

October 2010-Near my highest weight (oy hips)

Enter my husband's weight loss competition at work last spring. I wasn't officially entered but I was hoping my husband's gungho attitude would keep me motivated. I lost 5 lbs during the eight week period but was still way heavier than I'd been in my entire life.

Spring 2011-post weight loss challenge

Summer 2011- I promise I lost weight since the last photo! Just goes to show you much clothes matter.

My weight continued to creep down until I started a low carb diet (~75 per day) in November. When I lost 3 lbs in the first week, I knew this diet was for me. I made it through Christmas without gaining any weight and am down a total of 14 lbs.

Winter 2012  

I've still got about 15 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight but I'm hoping to be in great shape by summer.  So far I'm down 3" on my hips, 1" at the bust and 1/2" at the waist. And I'm thinking that if I bought a new pair of pants, I'd be down a pant size.

All of this self-improvement has really got me in the mood to spruce up my hair. I am growing it out (and my bangs) and I just feel like I need to do something to it.


And I'm thinking about a perm! I have a friend who is a hair dresser who has permed her own hair and it looks a lot like this picture (except she's blonde). I'm not sure how this would go with vintage styles but I've always wanted curly hair and knowing someone I can trust with my hair makes me feel confident enough to maybe try it. (Plus my hair is so fine, I'd welcome a bit of damage!) I'm also self-conscious about my high forehead. Having a thinner face just makes the long shape even more prominent so I think curls would add some volume to the sides of my face.

So bring on the weight loss and perm stories!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's wonderful. It's always hard to stay inspired to commit to something. I suffer winter poundage problems with the rest of the crowd. Reading success stories really make me happy!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    Re: the perm. See if you can get it tested first. My hair is super fine but I've got a lot of hair, and when I got my hair it fell out almost immediately into light waves. About a month after that it was almost gone, but my hair is much dryer now. Makes doing vintage set's easier, but it's not at all wavy/curly day-to-day like I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the weight loss. but can u do a post with your wedding pictures. ur dress looks so beautiful. oh it looks so divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's my wedding post from last year: http://star-spangledheart.blogspot.com/2011/05/best-two-years-of-my-life.html

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss! You inspire me. I've gained about 15 lbs. in the past 2 years, and I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable. I hope that I, too, can go back to my weight from 2009. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you. I struggle with my weight and have to stay on top of it. I am sure it feels wonderful to know all your hard work has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weight loss sometimes need of good look and attractive body. It make well and effective curves on body. Information make that perfect.
    skin tightening

    ReplyDelete