Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Part 1

Just like for Thanksgiving, Christmas is a time of many, many, many visits to friends and family. On the bright side, that means more outfits! I sewed up this matching skirt and bolero for my husband's grandparents' big Xmas get together.


Polka dots! Thanks for all of you who helped out with my Christmas dress conundrum! This is the outcome. I got loads of compliments on it!


I self drafted a circle skirt and left it quite long. I also had enough leftover polka dot fabric to make a bolero!


I used the bolero from Wearing History's Chic Ahoy pattern. It's a great little bolero pattern. I did shorten it about 2" in the back because I wanted more of a cropped look. I may start making cute little matching boleros for all of my circle skirts now!


And, of course, I couldn't help but wear my black and white polka dot shoes with red accents even if the shades of red didn't quite match. Little jingle bell earrings with red bows finished the look. Love this outfit!

10 comments:

  1. You're such a classy dame, you look like you walked right off a pattern cover. I'll bet it would look cute with a black sleeveless turtleneck too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for some time (and loving it), but this is my first comment. Anyway, great minds must run on the same wave length. For my Christmas outfit I made a self drafted green plaid circle skirt and am planning on making a matching bolero with the remaining fabric! I missed your post about your Christmas dress conundrum, so I know I didn't steal the idea (though I probably would have). Anyway, I am a bit jealous of your red polka dot fabric - I always love red and black outfits and yours is bbeautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say-Great minds think alike! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit, Stephanie! You do it very well.
    Merry Christmas, Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt/bolero combo!! Too cute with your pixie cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fabulous outfit! It will take you anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job on this set! I really like the subtly square shape of this bolero from the back, it's a compliments the fullness of the skirt wonderfully. You really do amazing work, Stephanie!


    May your holiday season sparkle with joy and merriment, my friend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing! I'm not a big polkadot fan, but I love the colour combination! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete