Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11 Questions

The lovely Jessica of Chronically Vintage has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I'm not really big on blog awards but I really liked the questions she posted to go with it so I thought I'd answer them anyways.

1. What are three of your favorite things about blogging?

Growing up, I always wanted to be a writer so blogging gives me an outlet for writing. I also love getting to meet all kinds of great like minded people. Really, I can't think of anything I don't like about blogging!

2. What kind of sagely advice would you give to a blogger who is just starting their first ever blog today?


I would say not to give up or get discourage. It can seem like nobody is listening but it takes a while to get a following. Just remember that you have things to say that are worth listening to.

3. Do you find yourself drawn more towards creating word heavy or image heavy posts, or do you prefer a fairly even mix of the two in each post?


I like posts with a good balance of photos and text. Too many pictures and there's not enough substance and too much text and can be too dense.

4. What is your favorite ten year span (note, this doesn't have to be a specific decade, such as the 1930s, you could pick 1925-1935) of all time from a fashion standpoint?


This one is hard for me because I really love transitional styles. I'd probably pick 1947-1956 though I also adore 1915-1917 and 1939/1940.

5. If you could go on a shopping spree (and money was no object), what are five vintage wardrobe items that you'd buy today?


1. A Lilli Ann suit
2. A 1950s princess coat
3. A 1940s tilt hat (or three!)
4. A pair of deadstock 1940s peep toe pumps
5. A 1930s bias evening gown

6. What are five of your favorite savory foods, and five of your favourite sweet ones?


Savory: sour pickles, kalatama olives, goat cheese, bacon and pizza
Sweet: anything chocolate, red velvet cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, anything pumpkin flavored, sweetarts, and brie baked in a pastry

7. What's your favourite place you've ever lived? What are some of the reasons that makes this spot so near and dear to your heart?


I can't really say that there is any place I've lived that I really loved more than the others.  There are two place that I just adore that I really do want to live in someday-Maine and St. Augustine, FL. My grandparents live in Maine and it's just gorgeous in the summer! Not sure I could handle the snow but that's where Florida comes in. A few years ago, my husband and I took a vacation to St. Augustine in January and we both fell in love with the town! I just love being near the ocean and the history there was amazing! I so wanted to just have someone pack all my stuff up up and ship it down there so I wouldn't have to leave!

So, in my dreams, I summer in Maine and winter in Florida.

8. If you could go on an all-expense paid vacation for two weeks to anywhere in the world, where would you go and what vintage clothes would you bring with you? 


I'd take a Mediterranean cruise. I love cruises and I've always wanted to go to Europe! I actually did a post way back on a dream cruise wardrobe!

9. Currently, what are your three favourite colours? Do you wear these colours often or simply enjoy them in general?


Coral, mint and teal. I do wear them sometimes but my wardrobe is pretty colorful so I don't stick to just a few colors.

10. If you could attend a concert from any musician/band throughout all of time, who would you pick to see live?


I really love music! But my biggest love is musicals. So I'm going to cheat a bit and say I'd love to see Miss Saigon which is my favorite musical I've never gotten to see live.

11. What's your favourite time of the day (morning, dusk, etc) and why?



I'm so not a morning person and I really prefer evenings! Winter evenings are great for being cozy inside with a book or knitting and summer evenings seem to last forever and are full of fun things.

2 comments:

  1. What fab questions Jessica asked! And your shopping spree list is a dream list for me too!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly love your wonderful, detailed, engaging answers, dear Stephanie Lynn, thank you very much for posting them so very quickly. I beamed a huge smile when I saw that your first choice for your favourite ten year span was so close to my own (1947-57). Some of your favourite foods make my list too, as do the fantasy shopping spreed items, and I'm a huge fan of those three colours as well (mint green nail polish has actually been one of my top five most frequently worn nail hues for the past three years at least now; it goes with a surprising number of different coloured fashions).

    Thank you again for taking part (please feel free to post a link in the comments on my post to this one, if you'd like, so that others who might not follow your blog can come read this great post).

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete