Friday, January 23, 2015

Channeling Norma Jean

Since Wearing History Clothing's Norma Jean blouse shares a name with 50s screen siren Marylin Monroe I opted to wear it's first day out with a 50s flare.


One of my favorite things to do in Dayton was to go down to the Oregon District- a cobble stone street with cute shops, local eateries and cute old buildings. So I was so happy to know that Melbourne also has a cute Historic district!


So after hitting the local market on Saturday we stopped by for some photos and antique shopping. It was sunny and warm for a change so I could rock the sun glasses.


As soon as I saw the Melody print preview for Wearing History Clothing, I knew I had to have something made from that fabric! So when the Kickstarter came around, I just had to have the Norma Jean blouse!


It's made from Tencel which is a rayon type fabric. It didn't feel quite like I expected but it feels quite comfortable to wear and drapes nicely.


I ordered both the Norma Jean and Ruthie blouses in a Large. The Ruthie blouse fit amazingly! (And I never get ready to wear blouses to fit correctly.) But the Norma Jean blouse was a bit big so I exchanged it for a medium. If you are between sizes, definitely order the smaller size for the Norma Jean. It's meant to be a blousey, comfortable top so there will be plenty of room.


The colors in the print are fabulous! Since I didn't have any skirts that matched the blue perfectly, I wore the top with my black Freddies of Pinewood pedal pushers. Perfect for the sporty 50s look. Plus, the Norma Jean blouse is a great length which stays tucked in! I hate shirts that always come untucked in the back.


We ended up at three different antique places and I got to see lots of pretties. I got quite a few compliments on my blouse too! It's very comfortable for a day of digging for treasures. The blouse is a bit blousey in the back but it gives such a great range of motion. Plus it's fitted enough at the waist so you still look slim and trim.


So far, I'm quite in love with my Norma Jean blouse! It's so cute and I'm going to be on the look out for coordinating pink, blue and green fabric for matching skirts. On the website, it's styled rather 40s but it could really work for a 30s to 50s look depending on how you want to style it.

If you didn't snag a Norma Jean blouse during the Kickstarter, you can still get your own blouse here. Plus, there are a few other pretties made from this fab print on the site!

7 comments:

  1. You should be the model for Wearing History!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! I got this one too but haven't worn it yet. Love it with the pedal pushers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love the pic of you looking out at the water. Props to your husband's great photography talent too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! And I'm loving your hair in these pictures!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty! This blouse is truly one of my favourite repro pieces that I've seen in recent years. You've styled it to a 1950s perfect tee here, dear gal.

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of how well you wear the pants, actually (I'm an all-gut, no-butt girl so blouses tucked into pants are frightful). It truly looks like some of these photos are right from the 50s.

    ReplyDelete