Monday, January 26, 2015

Rustic Romantic

Life continues to be eventful in Florida! I got a teaching job a few weeks ago at the very last minute so I've been quite busy trying to stay ahead of the game with lesson planning and such!


And my husband also got a job but he won't start until February. So yay jobs! But that means we still don't have a regular schedule.


And last week, the wallpaper came off of the kitchen wall. It's not painted yet but there is no more wallpaper in my house! But that is a story for another day.


This outfit, however, is a bridal show ensemble. The show was aimed at rustic romantic style weddings. Rustic isn't really a word I would use to describe anything in my closet so I had a hard time deciding what to wear. Plus it was our first show with a theme!


I finally decided on great floral dress. The print is soft and romantic plus it's super comfortable! Wearing a memorable outfit is a great way to get brides to come over and talk to me in the booth.


And I was having a great hair day! Florida still hasn't decided if it agrees with my hair or not. Plus, all of the wallpaper pulling had me being frumpy around the house a lot this week so no playing with hair.


I wore my Miss L Fire shoes too! They are usually quite comfortable but standing for 5 hours on a hard concrete floor are rough on your feet no matter what shoes you wear. 


Thankfully, we popped over to the park next door to the expo before the show so me feet and hair were still all peppy.


What would you wear to a rustic romantic themed wedding?

11 comments:

  1. You look sooo pretty in this dress, Stephanie! I'm not surprised that the brides remember you and go to talk to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. I'm positively drooling over those shoes, and that's a great dress as well. I'm not surprised all the brides were coming over to say hi.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the temperatures hit -40* here today I couldn't be more jealous of this beautiful scene. I am longing to be able to wear such a beautiful dress and amazing shoes. You look lovely. Congrats on the new jobs!
    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a job! As another vintage wearing teacher, I highly recommend ballet flats. As you are probably already aware, they were popularized by Chanel for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your hair is adorable! I tried to get that affect with my curls for the longest time, but finally gave up and chopped it all off, hehe. Could you do a tutorial on your hairstyle? I'm considering growing it out again, and I'd love to try this style again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very similar to this style: http://youtu.be/QwPZZf6Xeuk. Instead of curling the "bang" section away from your face like I did in the video, curl it down and away from the part. It does take practice and sometimes you just have to go with what your hair wants to do rather than what you want it to do.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your new jobs! And btw, I love this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous dress!!! You look awesome in a bold floral like this and I can't help but feel that it suits the balmy warmth of Florida especially well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cute dress! Is the bolero lined in the dress material? I thought I saw little glimpses of it peeking out along the sleeve edges.

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! You can wear it with the print side out as well but I always go for the pop of black.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your new jobs!! And you look amazing, that dress is super lovely!

    TinyAngryCrafts

    ReplyDelete