Friday, January 9, 2015

Santa's Visit

My Santa's brought me some lovely presents this year. And since loads of them were sewing or vintage related, I thought I'd share with you.


My hubby did really good job shopping for me this year. He found this darling historical sewing kit. It's so cute and will be perfect for taking along to SCA events with a small project! 


He also bought me some pretty red silk. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with it yet but it's so pretty.


 He snagged a huge lot of belt making supplies including these great vintage buckle and button kits! There's loads more that came in the lot and I'm still trying to sort through it.


Then there were the nerd earrings which you've already seen.


And this cute 40s skirt pattern. It's a bit small but with just three pieces, it'll be a breeze to grade up.


And post-Christmas, I got a bonus gift for storage in my sewing room! Yay!


 And my grandma surprised me with some new sewing tools! I desperately needed a new pair of scissors since mine were getting kind of sad. And I lost my embroidery scissors in the move so this was perfect!

Did Santa bring you any sewing or vintage goodies?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, that silk is gorgeous! And those belt and button kits are great.

    I can't sew properly, but Santa brought me a rhinestone hotfix gun for jazzing up burlesque costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those belt kits are awesome! I feel like more belts and buttons to spruce up outfits are such a great thing. That red silk is gorgeous as well, I'm sure you'll make something delicious out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddaughter bought me a little sewing tote. I think she wants me to come over and help her sew something cute with her (she is 6 years old). Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are all such great gifts! Those skirts look fabulous. And I love the cube shelving units -- those always look so sleek and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice grouping of sewing gifts! Such a cute pattern - both the pattern of the fabric and the sewing pattern!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS! The belt and button kits are FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete